- Collection of Information: “Personal Information” means information that directly identifies or can be used to identify you as an individual. When you visit or use any of the Platforms, or services we may collect your Personal Information. Some of this Personal Information is required in order to allow you to use all of the features of the Platforms (for example, in order to rent equipment, you will need to provide us with certain Personal Information). Other information is submitted by you voluntarily. For example, we may collect:
- Contact information such as your name, job title, address, email address, telephone number, including mobile number and fax number
- Identification or verification information such as driver’s license, date of birth and federal tax identification number
- Payment information such as your billing address and payment methods
- Banking information and Social Security Number if you use our credit services, as required to process your application
- Transaction history such as purchase information, order history, and product interests
- Communications information such as email messages, voice recordings, call transcripts and information that you share when you call our customer service line and SMS records and message content
- Feedback such as survey responses and comments you submit to us
- How We Collect Your Information: We may collect information directly from you, automatically via your use of the Platforms, or from third-party sources. You may provide information to us when you: request services and products through a Platform (such as through our Contact Us page or renting equipment); register an account with us; complete a survey; contact customer service; or complete a credit application. We may collect information automatically when you visit the Platforms. We may collect information via cookies or internet tags or analytics tools.
- How We Use Your Information: Gathering Personal Information about our customers allows us to serve you better. We may use your information to accomplish our business purposes including: for our everyday business purposes, such as to provide services to you, to extend credit to you, to market our products and services to you, to communicate with you, to maintain your account with us, and to administer our business (e.g., to secure or make improvements to the Platforms and prevent fraud).
- We or our service providers may aggregate, evaluate and use browsing and device information to improve the Platforms and our business. We may use IP addresses or other browsing and device information to analyze trends, administer the Platforms, track customer navigation on a Platform and gather aggregated demographic information.
- How We Share Your Information:
- Service Providers. From time to time, we may employ companies and individuals to perform certain services on our behalf (such as conducting audits, performing legal services, processing credit card payments, providing customer service, providing customer database management services, providing email services, providing marketing services, processing credit applications). These third-party service providers may have access to Personal Information, but only to the extent required to perform their assigned roles and they may not use your Personal Information for any other reason.
- Compliance with Law. We may release Personal Information about you if we believe such a release is necessary to comply with the law or in response to a subpoena or subject to other legal process or as needed to protect our rights.
- Related Corporate Companies. We may share your Personal Information with companies related to us by common ownership or control for business purposes.
- Other Third Parties. We may also share your Personal Information with third parties with whom we have joint marketing arrangements to market other products and services to you.
- Protection of Your Information: To prevent unauthorized access to, maintain data accuracy and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, no security system is perfect, and we cannot guarantee that information you provide to us over the Internet will remain private. We also cannot guarantee that information you transmit to us over the Internet will not be intercepted.
- Do-Not-Track & Third Party Tracking Disclosures: Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. The Site does not currently respond to browser based “do not track” signals. To learn more about your choices regarding this type of data collection or to opt-out of interest-based advertising by members of the NAI or the DAA, please visit https://www.aboutads.info/choices or https://www.aboutads.info/choices.
- We contract with service providers to serve or send advertisements on our behalf. We work with these advertising service providers that collect information across various channels, including offline and online, for purposes of delivering more relevant advertising to you. Our advertising providers may place or recognize a cookie on your computer, device, or directly in our emails and communications, and we may share Personal Information with them if you have submitted such information to us. These service providers may link the anonymous information we share with them to the cookie stored on your browser or device and collect information such as your IP address, browser or operating system type and version, and demographic or purchase information.
- We do not permit third parties to collect personal information through cookies or other tools on our Platforms concerning your online activities over time across different websites for the third parties’ own purposes. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies but doing so may prevent you from accessing all functionality of the Platforms.
- Third-Party Links: We may provide links on the Platforms to third-party websites we think may be of interest to you, including plug-ins that link to social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram. These websites are independent from Sunbelt Rentals and have their own separate privacy policies. Sunbelt Rentals is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such third-party websites. Whenever you click on links on the Platforms that take you to a third-party website, you will be subject to the third party's privacy policies. We recommend that you review the third-parties’ privacy polices before you visit these websites.
- Children’s Privacy: The Platforms are not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit any personal information from children under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account. Should we learn that someone under the age of 13 has provided any personal information to or on the Platforms, we will remove that information as soon as possible.
- Opting Out of Promotional E-mails: If you decide for any reason that you no longer wish to receive e-mail information from us, you can unsubscribe from the Site’s e-mail distribution list by clicking the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of each promotional e-mail. You can also opt out of receiving promotional materials by updating your preferences in your Command Center account online, or by notifying us by mail, telephone or e-mail at the address and number listed below:
2341 Deerfield Drive
Fort Mill, SC 29715
Collection of Personal Information.
- Section 1, Collection of Information: Categories of Personal Information we collected
- Section 2, How We Collect Your Information: Sources from which Personal Information was collected
- Section 3, How We Use Your Information: Our business or commercial purposes for collecting Personal Information
- Section 4, How We Share Your Information: Third parties with whom we shared Personal Information
Your CCPA Rights and How to Exercise Them.
If you are a California resident, you have certain rights, pursuant to the CCPA. These CCPA rights may only apply in certain circumstances and are subject to certain exemptions. Please see the information below for a summary of your rights and how to exercise your rights. Please note that we may ask for certain information to verify the request in accordance with applicable law.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose Personal Information we collect, use, and/or sell about you. To exercise this right, please contact us using the toll-free number or email listed below in the How to Contact Us section.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to delete personal information that we collect or maintain about you. To exercise this right, please submit your request using the toll-free number listed below or email listed below in the How to Contact Us section. You will be required to provide certain information which we will use to verify your request. Please note that certain exceptions apply to this right, such as when we must retain your information to comply with law. We will notify you of any such exceptions as applicable to your request.
- Right to Non-Discrimination. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your CCPA rights.
You can exercise your CCPA rights yourself or you can designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. Your authorized agent must be able to demonstrate authority to act on your behalf as further instructed when submitting a verifiable request.
Disclosure of Personal Information.
- We did not disclose or sell Personal Information to third parties for business or commercial purposes during the last 12 months
- We do not knowingly collect the personal information of minors under age 16 and do not sell such information.